After looking for about a month hubby and I went to our local and FAVORITE gun store, AC Firearms in Rio Rancho. While he was getting some stuff I was looking at the Kimbers. I have always loved Kimber. My dogs name is Kimber, by the way. :) My husband carry's a Kimber Eclipse as his duty weapon. If a Kimber can protect him, a Kimber can protect me. I looked at some of their 9mm and concealed carry 45 but again.. they felt big in my hand. Until I held a SOLO! Kimber had just started making and releasing the Kimber Solo. I held this gun.. the stars aligned... the lights dimmed and shined on this beauty. SHE WAS PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As luck would have it AC Firearms had a waiting list for the SOLO. I put $ down and waited patiently. After about a month I went into the store to put more $ down on it and mentioned that the reason why I wanted the SOLO was because of feeling uneasy when home alone and that my home had been broken into. The WONDERFUL men at AC Firearms offered to sell me their display. DEAL!!! DONE!! SOLD!!!! I called my hubby and told him the great news. I picked her up on a Friday. I named her Kimina on my way home. Kimina means little Kim in Italian.
This is my actual SOLO in my hand. SHE IS PERFECT!
I am such a nerd that I took a picture of the box. I know... *shakes head in shame*
Saturday we went out shooting with some friends. My hubby shot her first. She has alittle kick! Hubby was worried I would not like her because of the kick. I shot 6 rounds through her and was head over heels in love! I turned to my hubby and told him how much I loved her. He was happy because he didn't want to go gun shopping again with me :)
Here are my Pros and Cons of the Kimber Solo. I am licensed in nothing and this is just the person opinion of a woman with a Kimber Solo:
- The SOLO is very accurate. My first time shooting 6/6 shots were on target and 5/6 shots were at mass.
- The fixed dot sights are easy to use and find.
- The SOLO is a 9mm. I want something that will stop someone not make them more mad!
- Dual safety. The SOLO can be shot easily by a righty or a lefty.
- Easy to conceal
- The SOLO is a very solid gun but is also light. Even when fully loaded she is light.
- 8 Round magainze will be available shortly
- Reliability is excellent. My SOLO has jammed once and that was my fault.
- Similar styling as a 1911
- Price. I paid $680 and I feel the gun is worth it. Nothing on this gun is cheaply made.
- Springs are stiff.
- Only 1 magazines comes with the SOLO when you purchase one.
- The magazine release has to be fully pressed in. Not a huge con but re-loading must be practiced for accuracy and speed.
- Wait time on a SOLO can be long!
- Night Sights are still in the thought process with the gurus of Kimber.
- The magazines are VERY hard to load. The springs are very stiff!
- The slide springs are very tight. Which makes it hard for a woman to rack a round.